It is a new year and my oven is playing up so I thought that this would be a great time for the Sweet Tooth Chronicles to produce its first savory dish. This recipe is modified slightly from an amazing dish I had at Fratelli Fresh in Sydney a couple of months ago. If you want the original recipe you can find it on the Fratelli Fresh website.To experience this and many more of there amazing dishes I highly recommend you find the time to go visit them in person!
This recipe does make quite a lot so if it is just for a few people I would probably try halving the recipe. This is a very VERY rich recipe but it is one you will never regret trying out!
250g grated parmesan
3 litres water
1 litre Cream
1 litre Evaporated milk
150g Gorgonzola Dolce Latte
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
250g Swiss Brown mushrooms
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 small red chillies finely chopped
- Add a pinch of salt to the water, place on fire & bring to the boil. Add the polenta and whisk over a low heat until the polenta is cooked (approx 40 mins)
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and butter until incorporated. Check for seasoning, then place in a tray and leave to set in the fridge
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE:
- Place the cream and the evaporated milk in a pot on the heat and reduce by about 75% until it becomes a sauce consistency.
- Crumble the Gorgonzola Dolce Latte into hot cream sauce and stir through until melted.
- Sautee Swiss Brown mushrooms with a little bit of butter, garlic and chopped chillies. Season with some salt and add to the cream sauce, then add 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley.
When the polenta is set, cut into 1cm x 5cm portions and deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy on the outside. Drain on paper.
Place on a serving dish & garnish with a little parsley.