Saturday, January 22, 2011

Passionfruit Melting Moments

It is close to tea time and you have unexpected company! Don't fret; these melting moments are easy to whip up in a jiffy. Now, for this recipe you should get 14 decent sized melting moments, but I was slightly lazy to sit there rolling any longer than necessary, so made 9 somewhat large ones. Also these are incredibly delicate, as I discovered the hard way, when one rolled off the top of the plate and with a gentle  "poof" smashed into many  many powdery crumbs!



Ingredients
250g (9oz) softened butter
40g (11/2oz) icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
185g (61/2 oz) self raising flour
60g (2 1/4 oz) custard powder


Passion Fruit Filling
60g (2 1/4 oz) butter
80g(3 1/4 oz) icing sugar
2 Tbsp passion fruit pulp


METHOD
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place the butter and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Sift in the Flour and custard powder and mix to a soft dough. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into 28 balls and place on the prepared trays. Flatten slightly with a fork.
  2. Bake for 20mins, or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
  3. To make the filling, beat the butter and icing sugar until light and creamy. Fold in the passion fruit pulp until well combined. Use the filling to sandwich the biscuits together and leave to firm before serving.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I love passionfruit and these look amazing, in my favourite meal ever the dessert was a passion fruit souffle. I still dream about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...these look very pretty and tempting. I'm bookmarking to try. I guess my impatience in the kitchen will result me having only 6 cookies! :P Thanks very much for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely treat. Passion fruit is a wonderful filling flavor.

    ReplyDelete