These have to be without a doubt my favourite cookies yes even over chocolate chip cookies . I have been craving these like crazy for the last few months so I finally decided to try make them . These little beauties are the perfect pick me up cookies and will lift your mood instantly , they are buttery soft and just melt in your mouth .I call them cloud cookies mainly because I cannot actually say Nan Khatai out loud without tripping over my own tongue and they are so light practically burst with flavour. You just have to give them a try. I was quite pleased with my first ever attempt at these and were easier to make then I thought !
Recipe is relatively simple
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup ghee in liquid form
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170 C
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease
- Sieve flour and salt together
- Cream the ghee and icing sugar together and slowly add flour a tablespoon at a time till you can form a soft ball of dough you may not need to use all the flour.Adding too much flour can make them hard I am told so be careful .
- Cover the dough with cling film and let it rest for 20 minutes ( I was too impatient I let it rest for maybe
- 10 minutes and it was fine )
- Break of dough and form small balls with slightly damp hands and place on a baking tray about 1 inch apart
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes keep an eye on them and don't let them brown on top
- Once done remove from oven let cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool down completely .
- These little morsels of heaven are amazing and they make my mornings complete I have one or two after breakfast and my day just seems instantly better!
- I found another recipe which I shall try the next time
- This is it http://www.divyascookbook.