Monday, June 22, 2015

NAN KHATAI..AKA CLOUD COOKIES......

These have to be without a doubt my favourite cookies  yes even over chocolate chip cookies . I have been craving these like crazy for the last few months so I finally decided to try make them . These little beauties  are the perfect pick me up cookies  and will lift your mood instantly , they are buttery soft and just melt in your mouth .I call them cloud cookies mainly because I cannot  actually say Nan Khatai out loud without tripping over my own tongue and they are so light  practically burst with flavour. You just have to give them a try. I was quite pleased with my first ever attempt at these and were easier to make then I thought !




Recipe is relatively simple 

1 1/4 cup flour 
3/4 cup icing sugar 
1/2 cup ghee in liquid form 
Pinch of salt 
  • Preheat oven to 170 C 
  • Line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease
  • Sieve flour and salt together 
  • Cream the ghee and icing sugar together and slowly add flour  a tablespoon at a time till you can form a soft ball of dough  you may not need to use all the flour.Adding too much flour can make them hard I am told so be careful .
  • Cover the dough with cling film and let it  rest for 20 minutes ( I was too impatient I  let it rest for maybe
  • 10 minutes and it was fine )
  • Break of dough and form small balls with slightly damp hands and place on a baking tray about 1 inch apart 
  • Bake for about 10-13 minutes keep an eye on them and don't let them brown on top
  • Once done remove from oven let cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool down completely .
  • These little morsels of heaven are amazing and they make my mornings complete I have one or two after breakfast and my day just seems instantly better!
  • I found another recipe which I shall try the next time 
  • This is it http://www.divyascookbook.com/2012/06/nankhatai.html

No comments:

Post a Comment