This recipe is based of the Strawberry Jam Tarts recipe- from The English Kitchen Blog. Here are my few changes to the ingredients but the instructions are basically the same.
Blackberry Jam Tarts
For the Pastry:
4 ounces plain flour
pinch of salt
2 ounces butter
1 TBS sour cream
2 TBS cold water
For the Tarts:
About half a jar of your favourite type of jam in this case I used Blackberry Jam just the Coles home brand which was really good.
|The Tools needed|
First make the pastry.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub together the butter and then add this to the flour with the sour cream
- Rub this into the flour using the tips of your fingers, lifting it up as you go to aerate the flour somewhat. Rub in lightly until the mixture is crumbly. Don't over mix. Add the cold water all at once and stir with a fork. Blend quickly until the mixture clings together in a ball, leaving the sides of the bowl clean.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a couple of times, lightly, to make smooth stiff dough. Let rest for 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/gas mark 6 and lightly grease your trays.
- Roll the pastry out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a sharp 3 inch fluted cutter. Place the pastry rounds into a 12 hole bun tin. Dollop heaped teaspoons of jam into the centres of each.
|The Jam Tarts ready to be popped in the oven|
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pastry has crisped nicely and the jam is bubbling Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before eating or serving. (Try to be patient hot jam can burn your mouth pretty badly!!!)
|All Golden and Delicious ready to be eaten|
Note: If you don’t have sour cream just leave it out, I was just happened to have some left over in my fridge