Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pancakes on the Rocks- Northmead

                                                                                                                         by Konstant Kraver
Saturday night and a craving for pancakes has hit. In my world Pancakes can make all the worlds problems temporarily disappear. So off to Pancakes on the Rocks in Northmead, Sydney we went. It always amazes how much of queue there is when you get there, but to there credit the line moves pretty quickly and before your you know it your sitting at your table all set to order.The anticipation building
Mexican Potato

My initial plan was to go for some nice light crepes and go heavy on dessert, but all common sense flew out the window when I saw the Mexican Potato option...yum... They were thick onion and potato pancakes served with guacamole , sour cream and chilli concarne, oh and a little  bit of salsa .I suppose I should mention the salad on the side , but lets face it salad is not exactly comfort food, but I did grudgingly eat it. It is good for you after all.

It was great to say the least I could feel my blues just melting away that and being in company of great friends. I was impressed with how quickly the food came out considering how busy they were , and presentation  and taste wasn't sacrificed unlike in some places when it tends to happen when things get a little too busy.

My greed at my main course meant my dessert had to be scarified somewhat , to avoid my companions having to carry me out of there. So I yes I did something I usually never do when it comes to dessert..I *deep breath* shared!!!

Buttermilk pancakes with  maple syrup
And I went for the simple option of buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream. Sometimes the simple things in life are the best , and it did not disappoint. So if you need a pancake fix to brighten your day head over to Pancakes on the Rocks, because trust me nothing says smile quite like a stack of pancakes covered in maple syrup and lashings of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment