Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The KONSTANT KRAVER IS BACK....

                                                                                                            

                                                                                   by Konstant Kraver

It has been a very busy few months!  This Konstant Kraver has been traveling the world sampling food far and wide, from amazing scones with clotted cream and jam at the Ritz in London, to dumplings dumplings and more dumplings from Germany to Prague.

Chocolate Gelato -Venice
And surely we cannot forget the amazing pastas and pizza in Italy, not to mention the soft sinful gelato's. Now I am not a massive gelato fan, but when I was in Italy I found myself having at least one a day!!  Fabulous stuff!!


Beef Goulash Soup-Prague
I was excited to finally try out the Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes in London....I can just tell you they lived up to their reputation!! The cakes were soft and moist, and the icing was smooth and creamy without being too sweet! I also managed to make it to Bea's of Bloomsbury, which upon walking in, you begin to think you really have died and gone to heaven. They have also just released a cookbook Tea With Bea: Recipes from Bea's of Bloomsbury which, yes, I have ordered, along with the hummingbird bakery one....so excited! Cannot wait for them to get here!

Hummminbird Bakery cupcake-London
Through out all my travels two things stood out, in Prague my dinner being served in a bowl made out of bread - that was amazing and in Sri Lanka , my all-time  favourite hot-buttered cuttle fish. I have been trying to breakdown what goes into that for years, and I‘m not sure if it‘s because I am so drawn into its flavours of chilli and creamy butter that I completely forget what my mission was and before you know it , the plate is clean and I am still none the wiser!

I think that I have successfully eaten my way through Europe and and the UK, and I have been thinking of an exciting new direction to take the "The Sweet Tooth Chronicles " and how we can branch out, so stay tuned!



Hot Buttered CuttleFish-Colombo

2 comments:

  1. That chocolate gelato looks amazing! And Hummingbird Bakery - dreams are made of this!

    ReplyDelete