Sunday, May 8, 2011

Raspberry Gelato


                                                                                                                              by the  Konstant Kraver
Happy's Mothers Day! Spoil your mum with a little home made gelato!! This recipe has 4 ingredients and really could not get any simpler. It is a recipe I got from my fabulous cousin and I was shocked at how easy it was .The great thing about it is, you can make it any flavour you want !All you need is following


INGREDIENTS

600ml Thickened Cream
1 can(475g) of Coles Raspberry s in Syrup
1tsp Vanilla essence





METHOD
  • Open up the can of Raspberries and drain them , set aside and hang on to some of that lovely red juice.
  • Whip the cream till it forms nice stiff peak.Next fold into the cream the can of condensed milk raspberries , vanilla and about 2Tbsp of the syrup .
  • Put the whole thing into a 2 litre container cover  and place in the freezer and stir occasionally if you like. Freeze for a 3-4 hours . (I left mine over night just to be on the safe side)
  • When set , serve and enjoy , it may need about 5 minutes out of the freezer before it is soft enough to scoop out.

6 comments:

  1. What an easy way to make this yummy ice cream...and you don't even need an ice cream maker for it. We can't get raspberries in a can here, but I would think the frozen kind would be all right to use...as long as its defrosted.

    I hope you liked the photos I posted, about your dessert, and linked it back to you. Also I gave you an award, which you are welcome to claim.
    Congratulations, well deserved, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to feature one of so many of your amazing desserts:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth yes I imagine the frozen type would work just as well :) The photos and link back from your site were fabulous !I love the bright colours of the Mothers Day Badge! I am honoured to reacieve another award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and easy....a yummy frozen treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KonstantKraver, congrats on your award! I got to know about your blog thru Elisabeth's. This is indeed a superb easy fast way of making ice cream! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! I am always gob smacked and thrilled when I get one of these awards what an honour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!! Almost sounds too east to be true!!!I love gelato, will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete