Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This little piggy went all the way to Dubbo......

It all begins out in country NSW in a town called Dubbo. Nestled in the corner of the street is a charming bakery called "Village Bakery Cafe"who are apparently famous for having the best meat pies in Australia.

How accurate and well deserved that title is I could not tell you, as my eyes were immediately drawn to their sweet selections. What I can tell you, is that I would give them an award for the most creative use of a few egg whites and sugar to produce the most delightful little meringues ranging from clown faces to little piggys.

They are so undeniably cute one almost does not want to destroy it by munching on it. Almost being the key word! Whilst I found that they lacked that certain “melt in your mouth” quality that I think a truly great meringue should have, they lack nothing in personality and character and are well worth the $2 something, that I paid for them.So if you are ever in Dubbo NSW, Australia - check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment