Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chocolate Marzipan Cherries



                                                                                                      by the Konstant Kraver
All those who love marzipan say "AYE"!! I got this recipe from one my recipe books a collection that seems to be growing everyday, not that I am complaining It may seem a little sad, but to me there is nothing quite like curling up in bed at the end of the day with a good recipe book. With these little gems when you take them out of the fridge to do the chocolate drizzle over them be quick because they will start to sweat a little bit and then as soon as you are done back into the fridge they go until time to wolf them down. I made these for my best friend who just aced her exams and I do believe she quite enjoyed them !








12 Glace Cherries
2 Tblsp Rum or Brandy
250g/9oz marzipan
15g/4½  oz plain chocolate
Extra milk, plain or white chocolate to decorate (optional)
  
  • Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. 
  • Cut the cherries in half and place in a small bowl. Add the rum or brandy and stir to coat. Leave the cherries to soak for at least an hour stirring occasionally.
  • Divide the marzipan into 24 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Press half the cherry into the top of each marzipan ball.
  • Break the chocolate into pieces, place in a bowl and set over a saucepan. Stir until it has melted.
  •  Dip each sweet into the melted chocolate, using a cocktail stick and allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the coated cherries on the baking paper and chill until set.
  •  If  you like, you can melt a little extra chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the coated cherries. Leave to set.

1 comment:

  1. These are such a pretty candy! I've never made my own marzipan, I might have to give it a try! My goal this year is to master candy-making, can't do that without marzipan!

    ReplyDelete